Nope. Doesn’t work. I thought I would try a Miss Manners opener. Tortietude rules.
The Boys have been interesting. Mom has been traveling quite a bit. Ken has take it to heart and has been leaving gifts on the rug in front of the door. I don’t get it. I digress.
Today Ken was doing his bored routine. Mom got out our new playdot Laser. Ken let the laser come to him. Lazy.
Parker decided to check it out. He is responsible for the death of our Bolt laser.
Mom grabbed it ASAP. Turns out that he just wanted to lay on the cabinet.
Until next time Gentle Readers. Nope. Still doesn’t work. Tortietude rocks!
Disclaimer: Mom purchased both laser toys. No red dots were sent to her for review.
I am quite angry with Mom for letting my blog slip. In fact I have had occasions for my teeth to find her flesh. Now that my love bites have sunk in, she is giving it a a whirl. We are starting slowly with boxes.
We begin with the classic physics thought experiment, Schoerdingers Cat in the box, is the cat in or out of the box, alive or dead. Well. The way that Ken sleeps one would assume they are DEAD!
Stay tuned for boxes and the end of our story.
Ken is trying to make up his mind about things, glassy eyed and all. aption
New levels for this thought experiment? Ha
I dare say his snoring is less than enjoyable.
He seems to have figured out that he is partly out of the box.
Heavy sleeper. I proclaim him the loser in this experiment.
I hate to start my post today with the canine species, but dogs are coming out of the woodwork! The rents are dog sitting 2 which makes 3 in the house which are 3 too many. I have taken refuge in the cellar. Yesterday I felt confident enough to take a nap on the kitchen chair. My nap was disturbed by a nose coming way too near me. Enough about canines.
Mom has been busy getting prayer flag stuff ready for BlogPaws. It’s a wonderful idea. She was able to mourn her deceased cats by making a couple. I knew Buster and he was THE cat who set the bar for cats. Luckily I meet that and even exceed if I may say so but I digress. I have added the post she wrote for the BlogPaws website. Stay tuned for more ideas on Honor Flags.
Parker is busy chewing on the BlogPaws stuff. And he has been hanging with the big dogs. We are called the dog of the cat world, but puleeze. Have I said that he is an attention ho? At least Ken had the decency to be wary of the new dogs and normally he is the attention ho. Ken just had one step up in my estimation, but I am talking earthworm step.
I will end by adding of the photos I entered into the vets’ photo contest. We didn’t win so they obviously don’t understand beauty.
I am Maggie the reigning queen of the Kruse house. Being a tortie I am opinionated and everyone knows it. I love how they all cater to my whims. Well, there is that Ken who thinks he can chase me. Ha! I am swift and can leap to great heights. Then there is that Dog and Parker. Maybe I have been slacking off and need to work on my “Queen-ness”.
Mom has been working on transcribing my dictation for a couple weeks She is in some really deep doodoo. I have learned that scientific term from Mom. Somehow I think her lab made that up.
(Wait a minute. Hairball. Left it on her side of the bed. Ha!)
We are on our 3rd day of heavy thunderstorms. The electricity went out yesterday for 3 hours which meant for great lap time since Mom couldn’t do anything including beading She has been working on stuff for BlogPaws. The worst part about no electricity is she had just put fish in the oven. We get bits of oven fish so that really sucked.
Maybe we can work on a science blog soon. Any topics you need researched?
There is nothing worse than staring at a blank page when you haven’t blogged for years. Well, maybe surgery or a divorce are worse but those are topics beyond the scope for this blog. My blog is about life with cats in the voice of my tortie Maggie and maybe a few observations about stuff by me. I might as well start.
My name is Maggie. You might know me from krusekats.blogspot.com. Let’s do the stats so they are done and over with:
- Purebred Maine Coon with ear tips
- My official color is dilute blue tortoise shell. Let’s just call me a gray tortie with a ‘tude. I have what is called a split face, half gray, half peachy orange. I think it is quite striking.
- I am 10 years old, 11 in May. My age is a factor in my ‘tude but I still get silly and play with toys.
- I live with 2 idiot boys cats.
- Now for the rest of the household
Parker is a lumbering purebred Maine Coon weighing in at 21 pounds. Even I have to admit the weight is all bones and muscle with little fat. That sucker is one big guy! He is a red classic tabby which adds to the wow factor when humans see him for the first time. What’s the deal? Haven’t they see a red cat before?
- Ken is the real idiot of the family. His name is short for Kenzu, name from his previous human. That name sounds like some disgusting sea algae, not that I have seen it but I read a lot. We’re not quite sure of his parentage but he has many characteristics of a Norwegian Forest Cat, aka attention junkie That cat actually greets humans at the door. Everyone thinks that is so cute. Gag. The next question is, “Are all your cats that big and hairy?”.
- oh. The dog, Dali. White hair shedder. Sleeps a lot. Boring.
- My humans. Art, keeper of the box, not a cat person. Wanda, comfortable lap with lots of caresses. Responsible for all of us cats. Why she wanted those idiot brothers I have no idea.
That’s about it for now. Mom says that I have to put in pictures of us all. It should just be ME and maybe the idiots later.
Did I say the boys are idiots?
Welcome to WordPress.com. After you read this, you should delete and write your own post, with a new title above. Or hit Add New on the left (of the admin dashboard) to start a fresh post.
Here are some suggestions for your first post.
- You can find new ideas for what to blog about by reading the Daily Post.
- Add PressThis to your browser. It creates a new blog post for you about any interesting page you read on the web.
- Make some changes to this page, and then hit preview on the right. You can always preview any post or edit it before you share it to the world.